President Chief Chris Eisele, Deerfield Township
Vice President Asst Chief Mike Jameson, Turtlecreek Township
Treasurer Asst. Chief Richard Mascarella, Monroe
Recording Secretary Allison Lyons, Warren County Telecommunications
We, as the Fire Chiefs of Warren County, in the State of Ohio, in order to protect the lives and property of our citizens, provide adequate fire protection for our immediate communities, aid and assist communities to organize for such protection, promote a spirit of cooperation among ourselves, build enthusiasm, support each other morally, socially and physically, when possible, with a will to make our communities a happier place to live, that we may protect our loved ones and homes from the damage of fire and disaster.
Name | This organization shall be known as the Warren County Fire Chiefs’ Association, hereinafter called “the Association.”
Incorporation | The Association is a not-for-profit corporation organized under the laws of the State of Ohio and consistent with the requirements for tax exempt status under the Internal Revenue Code, U.S.C. Title 26, Section 501 (c).
Purpose | The purpose of this organization shall be to further the professional advancement and education of members of the fire and emergency medical services and to develop ever-improving capabilities to cope with destructive fires, medical emergencies, and dangers to life and property. To accomplish these objectives, the Association shall:
- Conduct studies of major fire and emergency medical service problems for the enlightenment of the membership and improvement of public and private fire protection and emergency medical services.
- Develop and effectuate programs for the improvement of local fire protection and emergency medical services and to stimulate action by federal, state, local and international associations to advance proposals and improvements which the Association deems to be of interest to all fire and emergency medical services.
- Serve as the recognized fire protection and emergency medical service “clearing house” within Warren County and for the dissemination of information relating to fire protection and emergency medical services.
- Encourage and assist local programs for public education and fire prevention and fire safety including home fire drills, emergency planning and life safety education.
- Cooperate with the Ohio Fire Chiefs’ Association and the International Association of Fire Chiefs to promote advanced educational programs directed toward professional status for fire protection and emergency medical service leadership.
- Propose and support legislative proposals at all levels of government to improve local fire protection and emergency medical services with emphasis upon professional qualifications and performance.
- Serve as an interchange for ideas, practices and experiences dealing with matters of general interest for the betterment of the fire and emergency medical services.
- Seek the standardization of equipment and terminology.
- Plan for higher educational training programs for members and their departments.
- Seek to create goodwill in the fire protection and emergency medical services of Warren County and to promote public relations and full cooperation with the news media.
Principle Place of Business | The principal place of business of the Association shall be located in Warren County, Ohio.
Association Meetings | Meetings of the Association shall be held monthly on the first Thursday of the month, unless the elected officers (President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer), by a majority vote, determine another date would be appropriate.
Committee Appointments | At the February meeting of the Association, the members of all standing committees shall be named by the President.
Nominations | At the January meeting of the Association, a Nominations Committee shall be named by the President and shall be charged with the duty of presenting to the members in February the names nominated for election.
Election of Officers and Trustees | At the February meeting of the Association, an election shall be held and necessary officers elected. During odd years, the Vice-President shall be elected; during even years, the President, Secretary, and Treasurer shall be elected.
Installation of Officers | The March meeting shall be the annual meeting with installation of officers. The location and date of this meeting shall be established by the outgoing President in conjunction with the host Fire Chief.
Agenda | The Secretary, upon recommendations from the President, Vice-President and Treasurer, shall set the agenda and order of business for all meetings of the Association.